JANN ARRINGTON-WOLCOTT is a former journalist whose stunning debut novel BRUJO became the TV movie Seduced by Evil. She makes her home in Santa Fe, NM.
- DEATHMARK – Pronghorn Press 2014 (F)
- BRUJO – new edition, Pronghorn Press 2015 (F)
RUSSELL ASHWORTH is a technical writer who eventually became a product manager who has now morphed into a writer of suspense. His debut series is a British police-procedural that features Detective Inspector Elaine Hope of the London Metropolitan Police Service.
- SOULS OF MEN – Crooked Lane Books 2017 (F)
- FOLDED LIES – Crooked Lane Books 2018 (F)
ERIC BARNES is publisher of newspapers in Memphis and Nashville that cover business, politics, the arts and more. On Fridays, he hosts a news talk show on his local PBS. He has also published nearly forty short stories in Prairie Schooner, North American Review, The Literary Review, Best American Mystery Stories, and other magazines.
- SHIMMER – Unbridled Books 2009 (F)
- SOMETHING PRETTY, SOMETHING – Outpost 19 2013 (F)
- THE CITY WHERE WE ONCE LIVED – Arcade Publishing 2018 (F)
- ABOVE THE ETHER – Arcade Publishing 2019 (F)
BEVERLY BIRD writes popular women’s fiction, primarily for Silhouette Books. A partial list of her titles is listed below.
- EMERALDS IN THE DARK FIRES OF WINTER – Silhouette 1983 (F)
- THE FIRES OF WINTER – Silhouette 1983
- THE BEST REASONS – Silhouette 1985 (F)
- FOOL’S GOLD – Silhouette 1985 (F)
- ALL THE MARBLES – Silhouette 1985 (F)
- RIDE THE WIND – Silhouette 1986 (F)
- COMES THE RAIN – Avon Books 1990 (F)
- TOUCH THE SUN – Berkley Books 1994 (F)
- PONY WIFE – Berkley Books 1995 (F)
- A MAN WITHOUT A HAVEN – Silhouette 1995 (F)
- A MAN WITHOUT A WIFE – Silhouette 1995 (F)
- LAST DANCE – Silhouette 1996 (F)
- WALK INTO THE NIGHT – Kensington 1996 (F)
- WITH EVERY BREATH – HarperCollins 1996 (F)
- IT HAD TO BE YOU – Silhouette (F)
- I’LL BE SEEING YOU – Silhouette (F)
- OUT OF NOWHERE – Silhouette (F)
- IN THE LINE OF FIRE – Silhouette (F)
- ALL THE WAY – Silhouette (F)
- WHEN WINTER COMES – Disc–Us Books 2000 (F)
The Estate of WILLIAM BRIDGES = Dr. Bridges was the head of a consulting firm to organizations in transition, among them several Fortune 500 companies.
- TRANSITIONS: MAKING SENSE OUT OF CHANGE – Addison Wesley 1980 (NF)
- A YEAR IN THE LIFE – Bantam Books 1982 (NF)
- SURVIVING CORPORATE TRANSITION – Doubleday 1988 (NF)
- MANAGING TRANSITIONS – Addison–Wesley 1991 (NF)
- JOBSHIFT: HOW TO PROSPER IN A WORKPLACE WITHOUT JOBS – Addison Wesley 1994 (NF)
- CREATING YOU & CO. – Addison Wesley 1997 (NF)
- THE WAY OF TRANSITION – Perseus 2001 (NF)
The Estate of ROBERT CAMPBELL — Robert Campbell was a screenwriter who received an Academy Award nomination for his script for the film classic, Man Of A Thousand Faces. THE JUNKYARD DOG, the first in the Flannery series, won an Edgar Award. His 28 critically acclaimed novels continue to be popular with readers.
- THE SPY WHO SAT AND WAITED – Putnam’s 1975, Pocket 1979 (F)
- CIRCUS COURONNE – Putnam’s 1977, Pocket 1979 (F)
- WHERE PIGEONS GO TO DIE – Rawson 1978, Warner 1980 (F)
- KILLER OF KINGS – Bobbs–Merrill 1979, Pocket 1980 (F)
- MALLOY’S SUBWAY – Atheneum 1981, Tor Books 1987 (F)
- THE TIN COP (as F.G. Clinton) – Pinnacle 1983 (F)
- FAT TUESDAY – Ticknor & Fields 1983 (F)
- JUNKYARD DOG – NAL 1986 (F)
- THE SIX HUNDRED POUND GORILLA – NAL 1987 (F)
- HIP DEEP IN ALLIGATORS – NAL 1987 (F)
- THINNING THE TURKEY HERD – NAL 1988 (F)
- IN LA LA LAND WE TRUST – Mysterious 1986, Warner 1987 (F)
- HONOR – Tor Books 1987 (F)
- ALICE IN LA LA LAND – Poseidon 1987, Pocket 1988 (F)
- PLUGGED NICKEL – Pocket 1988 (F)
- THE CAT’S MEOW – NAL 1988 (F)
- RED CENT – Pocket 1989 (F)
- JUICE – Poseidon 1989, Pocket 1990 (F)
- NIBBLED TO DEATH BY DUCKS – Pocket 1989, 1990 (F)
- SWEET LA LA LAND – Poseidon 1990, Pocket 1991 (F)
- THE GIFT HORSE’S MOUTH – Pocket 1990, 1991 (F)
- IN A PIG’S EYE – Pocket 1991, 1992 (F)
- BONEYARDS – Pocket 1992, 1993 (F)
- THE WIZARD OF LA LA LAND – Pocket 1995, 1996 (F)
- SAUCE FOR THE GOOSE – Mysterious 1995, 1996 (F)
- THE LION’S SHARE – Mysterious 1996, 1997 (F)
- PIGEON PIE – Mysterious 1997, 1998 (F)
- MASTER OF THE SUNDOWN SHORE – Disc-Us Books 2000 (F)
- A FLANNERY TRILOGY VOL 1 – Disc-Us Books 2001 (F)
- An Omnibus Edition of Junkyard Dog, Hip Deep In Alligators, and Six Hundred Pound Gorilla
JAME DIBIASIO writes international noir thrillers as well non-fiction. He is an award-winning financial journalist and founding editor of AsianInvestor. He and his wife live in Hong Kong.
- THE STORY OF ANGKOR – Silkworm Press 2013 (NF)
- GAIJIN COWGIRL – Crime Wave Press 2013 (F)
- COWGIRL X – Crime Wave Press 2014 (F)
- BLOODY PARADISE – Water Street Crime 2017 (F)
JOSEPH DI PRISCO is a former teacher, school administrator and, in the hazy past, a professional card–counting gambler and award-winning poet. He writes full–time now at his home in the Berkeley hills and is completing his next novel.
- WIT’S END – University of Missouri Press, 1975 (Poetry)
- FIELD GUIDE TO THE AMERICAN TEENAGER (with Michael Riera) – Perseus 2000 (NF)
- CONFESSIONS OF BROTHER ELI – MacAdam/Cage 2000 (F)
- POEMS IN WHICH – Bear Star Press 2000 (Poetry), winner of the Dorothy Brunsman prize for poetry
- RIGHT FROM WRONG:Instilling a Sense of Integrity in Your Child (with Michael Riera) – Perseus 2002 (NF)
- SUN CITY – MacAdam/Cage 2002 (F)
- ALL FOR NOW – MacAdam/Cage 2012, Vireo/Rare Bird Lit 2014 (F)
- SUBWAY TO CALIFORNIA – Vireo/Rare Bird Lit 2014 (NF, Memoir)
- THE ALZHAMMER – Rare Bird Lit 2016 (F)
- THE POPE OF BROOKLYN – Rare Bird Lit 2017 (NF)
LYNN DOIRON is a writing grandmother whose work has appeared in numerous literary magazines and journals. She lives in Baja California, Mexico.
- THE TRUE LIFE ADVENTURES OF IRENE IN WHITE TIGHTS – Water Street Press 2017 (F)
M. L. DOYLE has served in the U.S. Army and currently writes scripts for training videos and documentaries, as well as public service announcements for the Army, based at Fort Meade, Maryland. She has begun work on a mystery series featuring Lauren Harper, an African American Master Sergeant in the U.S. Army who is a broadcast journalist.
- I’M STILL STANDING, From Captive U.S. Soldier to Free Citizen, — My Journey Home, Shoshana Johnson with M. L. Doyle — Touchstone 2010 (NF), nominated for the NAACP Image Award for Literature, 2010.
ALLISON EDWARDS is a child therapist in Nashville. She holds a bachelor’s degree in education and a master’s in counseling from Vanderbilt University. She is a registered Play Therapist with children, adolescents, and families. Ms. Edwards has developed highly-successful techniques for dealing with the anxieties of gifted children. Allison Edwards is an adjunct professor in Vanderbilt University’s Human Development Counseling Program.
- WHY SMART KIDS WORRY-Sourcebooks 2013
PAUL ENGLEMAN is a Chicago–based journalist, contributor to the Chicago edition of The Huffington Post, and a Shamus Award Winner.
- DEAD IN CENTER FIELD – Ballantine 1983 (F)
- CATCH A FALLING ANGEL – Mysterious 1986 (F)
- MURDER–IN–LAW – Mysterious 1987 (F)
- WHO SHOT LONGSHOT SAM – Mysterious 1989 (F)
- THE MAN WITH MY NAME – St. Martin’s Press 1994 (F)
- LEFT FOR DEAD – St. Martin’s Press 1995 (F)
- THE MAN WITH MY CAT – St. Martin’s Press 2000 (F)
- BREATH OF KINGS – Doubleday 1982, now available in paperback via Amazon (F)
- THE BLUE HERON – Water Street Press 2014 (F)
- APERTURE – Water Street Press 2017 (F)
DAVID FELDMAN is a freelance writer specializing in popular culture and media subjects. He is also the creator of the popular board game, MALARKY.
- THE LIVING TOGETHER BOOK – Wideview 1980 (NF)
- IMPONDERABLES – William Morrow 1986, 1987 (NF)
- HOW TO WIN AT JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING – Morrow 1987 (NF)
- WHY DO CLOCKS RUN CLOCKWISE? – HarperCollins 1987/88 (NF)
- WHO PUT THE BUTTER IN BUTTERFLY? – HarperCollins 1988/89 (NF)
- WHEN DO FISH SLEEP? – HarperCollins 1989/90 (NF)
- WHY DO DOGS HAVE WET NOSES? – HarperCollins 1990/91 (NF)
- DO PENGUINS HAVE KNEES? – HarperCollins 1991/92 (NF)
- WHEN DID WILD POODLES ROAM THE EARTH? – HarperCollins 1992/93
- HOW DOES ASPIRIN FIND A HEADACHE? – HarperCollins 1993/94 (NF)
- WHAT ARE HYENAS LAUGHING AT ANYWAY? – Putnam’s 1995, Berkley 1996
- HOW DO ASTRONAUTS SCRATCH AN ITCH? – Putnam’s 1996, Berkley 1997
- ARE LOBSTERS AMBIDEXTROUS? – HarperCollins 2004 (NF)
- DO ELEPHANTS JUMP? – HarperCollins 2004 (NF)
- WHY DON’T CATS LIKE TO SWIM? – HarperCollins 2006 (NF)
- WHY DO PIRATES LOVE PARROTS? – HarperCollins 2006 (NF)
The Estate of HARVEY FIRESIDE — Professor Fireside taught at New York Institute of Technology and Ithaca College (as Dana professor of politics) and was a visiting fellow at Cornell Law School. In addition to his adult non-fiction titles, he wrote several books for the young adult market about important legal decisions.
- ICON AND SWASTIKA: The Russian Orthodox Church Under Nazi and Soviet Control – Harvard University Press 1971 (NF)
- SOVIET PSYCHOPRISONS – W. W. Norton 1979, paperback 1982, Behavioral Science Book Club (NF)
- BROWN v. BOARD OF EDUCATION: Equal Schools for All – Enslow 1996 (NF)
- YOUNG BOSNIANS TALK ABOUT THE WAR – Enslow 1996 (NF)
- PLESSY v. FERGUSON: Separate But Equal? – Enslow 1997 (NF)
- THE FIFTH AMENDMENT: The Right to Remain Silent – Enslow 1998 (NF)
- NEW YORK TIMES v. SULLIVAN: Expanding Freedom of the Press – Enslow 1999 (NF)
- THE NUREMBERG NAZI WAR CRIMES TRIAL – Enslow 2000 (NF)
- THE “MISSISSIPPI BURNING” CIVIL RIGHTS MURDER CONSPIRACY TRIAL – Enslow 2002; Winner of the Carter G. Woodson award from the National Council for the Social Studies, for best secondary-level book “depicting ethnicity in the U.S.” (NF)
- SEPARATE BUT UNEQUAL: Homer Plessy and the Supreme Court Decision that Legalized Racism – Carroll & Graf 2004 (NF)
JOHN FORTUNATO is the recipient of the 2014 Tony Hillerman Prize for best first mystery novel set in the Southwest. He is currently working on the second book in the series featuring Joe Evers, a senior agent with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- DARK RESERVATIONS – St. Martin’s Press 2015 (F)
ZACHARY ALAN FOX is Professor of Management at California State University, Dominguez Hills by day, but a writer of thrillers behind his calm façade.
- CITY OF DARKNESS – Water Street Crime 2019 (F)
- A PERFECT DEATH FOR HOLLYWOOD – HarperCollins 1991, reprint 1992 (F)
- DARK OF NIGHT – HarperCollins 1992, reprint 1993 (F)
- ALL FALL DOWN – Kensington 1996, Zebra 1997 (F)
- WHEN THE WIND BLOWS – Kensington 1998, Zebra 1999 (F)
- CRADLE AND ALL – Kensington 1999, Zebra 2001 (F)
- THE VIC ETON MYSTERIES – Compilation of A PERFECT DAY FOR HOLLYWOOD and DARK OF NIGHT – Disc-Us Books, 2001 (F)
DAVID GRAMBS is a translator as well as an editor and writer.
- WORDS ABOUT WORDS – McGraw–Hill 1984, Random House 1990 (NF)
- DIMBOXES, EPOPTS, AND OTHER QUIDAMS: WORDS TO DESCRIBE LIFE’S INDESCRIBABLE PEOPLE – Workman 1986 (NF)
- BERNSTEIN’S REVERSE DICTIONARY by Theodore Bernstein: Editor, David Grambs – Times Books 1988 (NF)
- DEATH BY SPELLING – HarperCollins 1990, Outlet 1992 (NF)
- THE DESCRIBER’S DICTIONARY – Norton 1992 (NF)
- DID I SAY SOMETHING WRONG? – NAL 1993 (NF)
- THE ENDANGERED ENGLISH DICTIONARY – Norton 1993 (NF)
- ASK MR. WORDWIZARD – Dell Intrepid Linguist 1994 (NF)
- SO YOU THINK YOU CAN SPELL? (with Ellen Levine) Killer Quizzes For The Incurably Competitive And Overly Confident – Plume Books 2009 (NF)
The Estate of MARTIN GREEN. Martin Green frequently wrote for The New York Times and other national publications. He was a Professor of History at Tufts University.
- CITIES OF LIGHT AND SONS OF THE MORNING – Little, Brown 1972 (NF)
- THE VON RICHTHOFEN SISTERS – Basic Books 1974, U. of New Mexico Press 1992 (NF)
- CHILDREN OF THE SUN – Basic 1976, Seaview 1981 (NF)
- TRANSATLANTIC PATTERNS – Basic Books 1977 (NF)
- THE EARTH AGAIN REDEEMED – Basic Books 19777 (F)
- THE CHALLENGE OF THE MAHATMAS – Basic Books 1978 (NF)
- DREAMS OF ADVENTURE, DEEDS OF EMPIRE – Basic 1979 (NF)
- TOLSTOY AND GANDHI: MEN OF PEACE – Basic 1983 (NF)
- THE TRIUMPH OF PIERROT – Macmillan 1986 (NF)
- MOUNTAIN OF TRUTH: ASCONA, 1900–1920 – University Press of New England 1986 (NF)
- NEW YORK 1913 – Scribner’s 1988, 1990 (NF)
- THE MOUNT VERNON STREET WARRENS: A BOSTON STORY – Scribner’s 1990 (NF)
- PROPHETS OF A NEW AGE – Scribner’s 1992 (NF)
- GANDHI: A BIOGRAPHY – Continuum 1993 (NF)
JACK HANDEY is an Emmy Award–winning writer and producer whose work appears frequently on Saturday Night Live and has been published in Spy, The National Lampoon, The New Yorker, and many other national magazines.
- DEEP THOUGHTS – Berkley 1992 (F)
- DEEPER THOUGHTS – Hyperion 1993 (F)
- DEEPEST THOUGHTS – Hyperion 1994 (F)
- FUZZY MEMORIES – Andrews & McMeel 1996 (F)
- THE LOST DEEP THOUGHTS – Hyperion 1998 (F)
ANNE HILLERMAN is a popular speaker at conferences and an award-winning journalist who has also received numerous awards for her non-fiction book. Anne is a founding director of the Santa Fe-based WORDHARVEST Writers Workshops and the TONY HILLERMAN Writers Conference which began in 2001. She was instrumental in the creation of the Tony Hillerman Prize for best first mystery novel set in the Southwest, awarded annually by St. Martin’s Press, as well as the Tony Hillerman Mystery Short Story Contest, offered in collaboration with New Mexico Magazine. She continues the legacy of her father’s highly acclaimed Leaphorn and Chee novels, and as if she weren’t busy enough, she also finds time to review Santa Fe restaurants for the Albuquerque Journal and Journal North.
- SPIDER WOMAN’S DAUGHTER – Harper 2013, Harper paperback 2014 (F) Finalist for the Dylis Award 2014 (Independent Mystery Booksellers Association); Winner of the Golden Spur Award for Best First Novel (Western Writers of America)
- ROCK WITH WINGS – Harper 2015 (F), Harper Paperback 2016 (F)
- SONG OF THE LION – Harper 2017, Harper Paperback 2018 (F)
- CAVE OF BONES – Harper 2018, Harper Paperback 2019 (F)
- THE TALE TELLER – Harper 2019, Harper Paperback 2020 (F)
BONNIE HOBBS is an RN, most recently caring for hospice patients. Her short stories have won numerous awards.
- SO WILD THE WIND – Five Star 2018 (F)
- MOLLY FAR – Five Star 2018 (F)
CHERYL HONIGFORD received her degree in Journalism from The Ohio State University but has always loved old-time radio (and classic movies) and claims to have the nagging suspicion that she was born at least 50 years too late. She started listening to old radio dramas through earbuds at her desk at work, which led to thoughts about writing a story set at a radio station in Chicago during the heyday of radio drama…which led to a whole series of mysteries featuring a feisty young actress and a private detective. She lives with her family in a northern suburb of Chicago.
- THE DARKNESS KNOWS – Sourcebooks 2016 (F)
- HOMICIDE FOR THE HOLIDAYS – Sourcebooks 2017 (F)
- DIG DEEP MY GRAVE – Sourcebooks 2018 (F)
EDWARD HORRELL has a background in telecommunications and is a popular speaker and consultant on customer service issues. His weekly radio show, Talk About Service, based in Memphis (AM990), is likely to be nationally syndicated during 2005.
- MORE THAN WORDS – Center for Spoken Communication 1995 (NF)
- THE KINDNESS REVOLUTION – AMACOM Books 2006 (NF)
The Estate of DR. HAROLD KLAWANS — The late Dr. Klawans was a world-renowned neurologist and Professor of Neurological Sciences at Rush-Presbyterian – Saint Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Klawans served as an expert medical witness in numerous court cases.
- SINS OF COMMISSION – NTC/Contemporary 1982, NAL 1987 (F)
- INFORMED CONSENT – NAL 1986 (F)
- THE JERUSALEM CODE – NAL 1988 (F)
- TOSCANINI’S FUMBLE and Other Tales of Clinical Neurology – NTC/Contemporary 1988, Bantam New Age 1989 (NF)
- NEWTON’S MADNESS: Further Tales of Clinical Neurology – HarperCollins 1990, HarperCollins trade paperback 1991 (NF)
- TRIALS OF AN EXPERT WITNESS: Tales of Clinical Neurology and the Law – Little, Brown 1991, Little Brown trade paperback 1992 (NF)
- LIFE, DEATH, AND IN BETWEEN – Marlowe & Co. 1994 (NF)
The estate of OLIVER LANGE.
- THE BITTER PASSION – E. P. Dutton 1958 (F)
- VANDENBERG – Stein & Day 19770, Bantam 1971 (F)
- INCIDENT AT LA JUNTA – Stein & Day 1973, Pocket 1974 (F)
- RED SNOW – Seaview Books 19778, Jove 1979 (F)
- NEXT OF KIN – Seaview Books 1980, Berkley 1982 (F)
- LAND OF THE LONG SHADOW – Seaview Books 1981 (F)
- PAS DE DEUX – Seaview Books 1982 (F)
- THE DEVIL AT HOME – Stein & Day 1986 (F)
- MAKING IT – E. P. Dutton 1989 (F)
MICHAEL LLEWELLYN is the author of ten pseudonymous books and, under his own name, TWELFTH NIGHT. He is at work on a new historical novel.
- TWELFTH NIGHT – Kensington 1997 (hardcover); 1998 (softcover) (F)
- CREOLE SON (a novel of Degas in New Orleans) – Water Street Press 2013 (F)
- GOAT CASTLE MURDERS (a novel of Madness and Mayhem in Natchez) – Water Street Press 2016 (F)
GENNITA LOW is a popular writer in the romantic suspense genre.
- INTO DANGER – Avon 2003 (F) Best Romantic Intrigue 2003 (Romantic Times)
- FACING FEAR – Avon 2004 (F) nominee, Best Romantic Intrigue 2004 (Romantic Times)
- THE PROTECTOR – Avon 2005 (F)
- THE HUNTER – Avon 2005 (F)
- SLEEPING WITH THE AGENT – Avon 2006 (F)
- VIRTUALLY HIS – Harlequin/MIRA 2007 (F)
- VIRTUALLY HERS – Harlequin/MIRA 2007 (F)
CHARLOTTE MEDE is the pen name for a Canadian author and communications consultant, who is now carving out a niche in the world of erotica.
- EXPLOSIVE – Kensington, 2008 (F)
- THE MIDNIGHT MAN – Kensington, 2008 (F)
- DANGEROUS GAMES – Kensington, 2010 (F)
BOB NORRIS is a recently retired Navy fighter pilot.
- CHECK SIX! – HarperCollins 1998 (F)
- FLY OFF – HarperCollins 1999 (F)
NANCY PINARD is a former ballet dancer. She has an MFA and teaches creative writing.
- SHADOW DANCING – Disc-Us Books 2000 (F)
- BUTTERFLY SOUP – Harlequin/NEXT 2006 (F)
LESLEY POLING-KEMPES is an award-winning writer of fiction and non-fiction focusing on Western themes and subjects.
- THE HARVEY GIRLS: WOMEN WHO OPENED THE WEST – Paragon House 1989, Da Capo/Perseus, 2007 (NF) Winner, Zia Award for Excellence, New Mexico Press Women
- CANYON OF REMEMBERING – Texas Tech University Press 1996; paperback 2000 (NF) Finalist, Western Writers of America Spur Award, Best First Novel
- VALLEY OF SHINING STONE: THE STORY OF ABIQUIU – University of Arizona Press 1997 (NF)
- THE GOLDEN ERA: WEST BY RAIL WITH THE HARVEY GIRLS – Texas Tech University Press 1997 (NF)
- GEORGIA O’KEEFFE AND NEW MEXICO: A SENSE OF PLACE (Barbara Buhler Lynes, Lesley Poling-Kempes, Frederick Turner) – Princeton University Press, 2004. Winner, IPPY Award, Best Fine Art Book
- BONE HORSES – La Alameda Press 2013 (F).
- 2014 WILLA Award for Contemporary Fiction
- 2013 Tony Hillerman Award for Best Fiction, New Mexico/Arizona Book Awards
- Silver Medal, IPPY Award for Fiction/Mountain West
- Southwest Books of the Year “Readers’ Choice” Award
- LADIES OF THE CANYONS – University of Arizona Press 2015 (NF)
- Silver Medal, IPPY Award for U.S. History/Mountain West
- 2016 WILLA Award for Scholarly Non-fictio
- FAR FROM HOME: WEST BY RAIL WITH THE HARVEY GIRLS – (Vol. 1) Texas Tech University Press, 1994 (NF)
- FAR FROM HOME: WEST BY RAIL WITH THE HARVEY GIRLS – (Vol. 2) Texas Tech University Press, 1997 (NF)
SARAH POSNER is a popular political blogger who lives within the beltway.
- FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM –PoliPoint Press 2008 (NF)
CAROLINE RICHARDS has worked in advertising and marketing in North America and Europe. She writes historical novels of erotic suspense.
- THE DEADLIEST SIN — Kensington Brava 2010 (F)
- THE DARKEST SIN — Kensington Brava 2011 (F)
SARAH BYRN RICKMAN has been researching the women who flew for the U.S. Army in WWII and closely following their activities for 21 years. She serves as a WASP oral historian for Texas Women’s University and as editor of the official WASP newsletter. Sarah was awarded the prestigious Combs Gates Award for aviation writing by the National Aviation Hall of Fame in 2009. The award provided the funds for her to research and write the story of the 303 WASP who flew for the Ferrying Division, Air Transport Command, in World War II.
- The Originals: The Women’s Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron of World War II — Disc-Us Books, Inc. 2001 (NF)
- Flight From Fear — Disc-Us Books, Inc., 2002 (F)
Finalist in the 2003 WILLA Competition for original softcover fiction, Women Writing the West.
- Nancy Love and the WASP Ferry Pilots of World War II — University of North Texas Press 2008 (NF)
- Nancy Batson Crews: Alabama’s First Lady of Flight — University of Alabama Press 2009 (NF)
MICHAEL RIERA is nationally recognized as a teen expert. He is a frequent consultant and guest on shows such as Oprah, the Today show, Good Morning America and Oxygen.
- UNCOMMON SENSE FOR PARENTS WITH TEENAGERS – Celestial Arts 1995 (NF)
- SURVIVING HIGH SCHOOL – Celestial Arts 1997 (NF)
- FIELD GUIDE TO THE AMERICAN TEENAGER (with Joseph DiPrisco) – Perseus 2000 (NF)
- RIGHT FROM WRONG: Instilling a Sense of Integrity in Your Child (with Joseph DiPrisco) – Perseus 2002 (NF)
- STAYING CONNECTED TO YOUR TEENAGER: How to Keep Them Talking to You and How to Hear What They Are Really Saying – Perseus 2003, Da Capo Revised Edition 2017 (NF)
WYBORN SENNA is the pen name for a writer who works in the entertainment industry in Burbank, California.
- BURY ME WITH BARBIE – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
- PORTER’S FORTUNE – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
- THE NEW ELVIS – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
JOANNA CAMPBELL SLAN is a name to be reckoned with in the word of scrapbooking. Her first book, Scrapbook Storytelling, launched the popular phrase and was quickly followed by five more titles in that series. Now she has begun a cozy series featuring Kiki Lowenstein, scrapbooker extraordinaire.
- PAPER, SCISSORS, DEAD – Midnight Ink, 2008 (F).
- CUT, CROP, DIE – Midnight Ink, 2009 (F)
- PHOTO SNAP SHOT – Midnight Ink, 2010 (F)
- MAKE TAKE MURDER – Midnight Ink, 2011 (F)
DR. JOHN BROOKS SLAUGHTER is a veterinarian at the Camden-Inner Harbor Veterinary Services in Baltimore.
- BROTHER IN THE BUSH: AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN’S SEARCH FOR SELF IN EAST AFRICA – Agate Publishing, 2005 (NF)
K.L. SMITH is an international travel reviewer and, under the nom de plume, Ben Davison, the publisher and editor of the newsletter, Undercurrent.org, the private guide for traveling scuba divers.
- TROPICAL ICE – Water Street Crime 2017 (F)
DAVID TERRUSO is a stand-up comedian based in Philadelphia. As such he has opened for acts including Richard Lewis, Gilbert Gottfried, Maria Bamford and Charlie Murphy. He is the co-founder of Philly Sketchfest, a national sketch comedy festival now in its sixth year; Philly Sketchfest is part of Comedy Month, the biggest festival in Philadelphia dedicated solely to comedy. He is also half of the sketch comedy duo Animosity Pierre, the official selection of the 2010 San Francisco Sketchfest and the 2010 Chicago Sketchfest. His sketch comedy has been lauded in TIME and repeatedly praised by the Preston and Steve Morning Show, Philadelphia’s highest-rated morning radio show.
- CUBE SLEUTH – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
- LOST TOUCH – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
LAWRENCE TOWNSEND is an intellectual property rights attorney based in San Francisco. His first novel is a satiric look at those licensing agreements we all sign without actually reading. Think of him as “John Grisham on laughing gas.”
- SECRETS OF THE WHOLLY GRILL (A Novel About Cravings, Barbecue and Software) – Carroll & Graf 2002 (F)
- THE HOT MONKEY LOVE TRIAL – Water Street Press 2017 (F)
ROGER VAUGHAN is a nationally–known journalist whose articles have appeared in Life, Esquire, The New York Times Magazine, Geo, Sports Illustrated, to name but a few.
- THE GRAND GESTURE – Little, Brown 1975
- TED TURNER: THE MAN BEHIND THE MOUTH – Norton 1980
- FASTNET: ONE MAN’S VOYAGE – Seaview Books 1980
- HERBERT VON KARAJAN – Norton 1985
- AMERICA’S CUP 1988 – Dennis Conner 1988
JULIE WESTON writes an award-winning mystery series set in Idaho in the 1920s. She practiced law for many years in Seattle before becoming a writer. Her stories and essays have appeared in a myriad of journals and have been nominated for Pushcart Prizes.
- BASQUE MOON – Five Star, 2015 (F)
- MOONSHADOWS – Five Star, 2016 (F)
- MOONSCAPE – Five Star, 2019 (F)
ROBERT K. WILCOX is a prize–winning journalist and a television writer.
- THE MYSTERIOUS DEATHS AT ANN ARBOR – Popular 1977 (NF)
- SHROUD – Macmillan 1977, Bantam 1978, Regnery Publishing 2011 (NF)
- JAPAN’S SECRET WAR – Morrow 1985, Marlowe 1995 (NF)
- SCREAM OF EAGLES: THE TRUE STORY OF TOP GUN – John Wiley 1990, Pocket Books 1991 (NF)
- WINGS OF FURY: TRUE STORIES OF AMERICA’S FIGHTER PILOTS – Pocket 1997, reprint 1998 (NF)
- BLACK ACES HIGH: THE STORY OF A MODERN FIGHTER SQUADRON AT WAR – St. Martin’s Press 2002 (NF)
- FIRST BLUE: WWII Ace Butch Voris and the Creation of the Blue Angels – St. Martin’s Press 2005 (NF)
- TARGET: PATTON: The Plot to Assassinate General George S. Patton – Regnery Publishing 2010 (NF)
- THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN: SOLVING THE MYSTERY – Regnery Publishing, 2010
- TARGET: JFK The Spy Who Killed Kennedy? – Regnery 2016
The Estate of CHARLES WILLEFORD
The late Charles Willeford authored sixteen novels. His articles on suspense fiction appeared in many national magazines. He was also the mystery and suspense reviewer for the Miami Herald.
- UNDERSTUDY FOR LOVE – Hard Case Crime 2018
- UNDERSTUDY FOR DEATH – Hard Case Crime 2018 (F)
- THE MACHINE IN WARD 11 – Belmont Books 1963, Four Walls Eight Windows/No Exit 2001 (F)
- THE BLACK MASS OF BROTHER SPRINGER – Black Lizard 1989, Wit’s End Press 2003 (F)
- PICK–UP – Black Lizard (1987) / Vintage Crime 1990 (F)
- THE BURNT ORANGE HERESY – Crown 1971, Black Lizard 1987, Carroll & Graf 1998 (F), The Overlook Press, 2019 (F)
- COCKFIGHTER – Crown 1972, Avon 1974, Black Lizard 1987, PictureBox 2011 (F)
- MIAMI BLUES – St Martin’s 1984, Ballantine 1985, Dell 1995 (F)
- NEW HOPE FOR THE DEAD – St. Martin’s 1986, Ballantine 1987, Dell 1995 (F)
- KISS YOUR ASS GOOD–BYE – Dennis McMillan 1987 (F)
- WILD WIVES/THE HIGH PRIEST OF CALIFORNIA – Re/Search 1987 (F)
- SIDESWIPE – St. Martin’s 1987, Ballantine 1988, Dell 1995 (F)
- THE WOMAN CHASER – Carroll & Graf 1989 (F)
- THE WAY WE DIE NOW – Random House 1988, Ballantine 1989, Dell 1996 (F)
- THE SHARK–INFESTED CUSTARD – Underwood–Miller 1993, Dell 1996 (F)
- THE DIFFERENCE (originally THE HOMBRE FROM SONORA) – Dennis McMillan Publications 1999 (F)
- DELIVER ME FROM DALLAS – Dennis McMillan Publications 2001 (F)
VINTAGE CRIME EDITIONS:
- MIAMI BLUES and NEW HOPE FOR THE DEAD, 2004
- SIDESWIPE and THE WAY WE DIE NOW, 2005
- THE SHARK-INFESTED CUSTARD and WILD WIVES, 2006
- SOMETHING ABOUT A SOLDIER – Random House 1986, Ballantine 1988
- I WAS LOOKING FOR A STREET – Countryman Press 1988, PictureBox 2010
- WRITING AND OTHER BLOOD SPORTS – Dennis Macmillan Publications 2000
- THE COLLECTED MEMOIRS OF CHARLES WILLEFORD – Compilation of I WAS LOOKING FOR A STREET and SOMETHING ABOUT A SOLDIER– Disc-Us Books (2001)
DENNIS WILSON taught literature and writing in a suburban Chicago high school before switching to a successful career in corporate finance. Now he has turned to his own creative writing in the mystery/suspense market.
- THE GRAND – Water Street Crime 2017 (F)
DAWN WINK is the Interim Director of Teacher Education at the Santa Fe Community College and writes a popular blog entitled Dewdrops. She makes her home with her husband and three children in Santa Fe, NM.
- MEADOWLARK – Pronghorn Press 2013 (F)
JAMIE WOOLF is a leadership strategy consultant. Through her company, The Parent Leader, she has delivered hundreds of workshops, podcasts, and webseminars on parent leadership to audiences nationwide. She serves on the Advisory Board of Working Mother Media.
- MOM-IN-CHIEF: How Wisdom from the Workplace Can Save Your Family from Chaos — John Wiley, in conjunction with Working Mother Magazine 2009 (NF)
JOAN WULFSOHN is a mind/body practitioner and therapist in Los Angeles.
- STALKING CARLOS CASTANEDA – Water Street Press 2013 (NF, Memoir)
SHAFIA ZALOOM is a health educator at the Urban School in San Francisco and has worked with thousands of adolescents and parents at independent, parochial, and public schools. She specializes in creating safe educational environments where teens can speak openly about touchy, messy issues involving friends, relationships, drugs, alcohol, and sex.
- YOU GOOD? A Parent and Teen Guide to Sexual Harassment, Consent, Love, and Healthy Caring Relationships in High School – Sourcebooks 2019 (NF)