CAMILLE BACON-SMITH is a former professor of popular culture and folk lore.
- ENTERPRISING WOMEN: Television Fandom and the Creation of Popular Myth – The American Folklore Society 1993
- SCIENCE FICTION CULTURE – DAW 1999
DAVID FELDMAN is a freelance writer specializing in popular culture and media subjects. He is also the creator of the popular board game, MALARKY.
- THE LIVING TOGETHER BOOK – Wideview 1980 (NF)
- IMPONDERABLES – William Morrow 1986, 1987 (NF)
- HOW TO WIN AT JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING – Morrow 1987 (NF)
- WHY DO CLOCKS RUN CLOCKWISE? – HarperCollins 1987/88 (NF)
- WHO PUT THE BUTTER IN BUTTERFLY? – HarperCollins 1988/89 (NF)
- WHEN DO FISH SLEEP? – HarperCollins 1989/90 (NF)
- WHY DO DOGS HAVE WET NOSES? – HarperCollins 1990/91 (NF)
- DO PENGUINS HAVE KNEES? – HarperCollins 1991/92 (NF)
- WHEN DID WILD POODLES ROAM THE EARTH? – HarperCollins 1992/93
- HOW DOES ASPIRIN FIND A HEADACHE? – HarperCollins 1993/94 (NF)
- WHAT ARE HYENAS LAUGHING AT ANYWAY? – Putnam’s 1995, Berkley 1996
- HOW DO ASTRONAUTS SCRATCH AN ITCH? – Putnam’s 1996, Berkley 1997
- WHY IS PEANUT BUTTER STICKY? – HarperCollins 2004 (NF)
- DO ELEPHANTS JUMP? – HarperCollins 2004 (NF)
- WHY DO PIRATES LOVE PARROTS? – HarperCollins 2006 (NF)
- WHY DON’T CATS LIKE TO SWIM? – HarperCollins 2006 (NF)
DAVID GRAMBS is a translator as well as an editor and writer.
- WORDS ABOUT WORDS – McGraw–Hill 1984, Random House 1990 (NF)
- DIMBOXES, EPOPTS, AND OTHER QUIDAMS: WORDS TO DESCRIBE LIFE’S INDESCRIBABLE PEOPLE – Workman 1986 (NF)
- BERNSTEIN’S REVERSE DICTIONARY by Theodore Bernstein: Editor, David Grambs – Times Books 1988 (NF)
- DEATH BY SPELLING – HarperCollins 1990, Outlet 1992 (NF)
- THE DESCRIBER’S DICTIONARY – Norton 1992 (NF)
- DID I SAY SOMETHING WRONG? – NAL 1993 (NF)
- THE ENDANGERED ENGLISH DICTIONARY – Norton 1993 (NF)
- ASK MR. WORDWIZARD – Dell Intrepid Linguist 1994 (NF)
JACK HANDEY is an Emmy Award–winning writer and producer whose work appears frequently on Saturday Night Live and has been published in Spy, The National Lampoon, The New Yorker, and many other national magazines.
- DEEP THOUGHTS – Berkley 1992
- DEEPER THOUGHTS – Hyperion 1993
- DEEPEST THOUGHTS – Hyperion 1994
- FUZZY MEMORIES – Andrews & McMeel 1996
- THE LOST DEEP THOUGHTS – Hyperion 1998
BRUCE TINDALL and MARK WATSON are software developers with a penchant for eccentric facts.
- DID MOHAWKS WEAR MOHAWKS? AND OTHER WONDERS, PLUNDERS, AND BLUNDERS – William Morrow 1991
- HOW DOES OLIVE OIL LOSE ITS VIRGINITY? ANSWERS TO THE ENIGMATIC QUESTIONS OF CONTEMPORARY LIFE – Morrow 1994