JOSEPH DI PRISCO is a former teacher, school administrator and, in the hazy past, a professional card–counting gambler and award-winning poet. He writes full–time now at his home in the Berkeley hills and is completing his next novel.
- SUBWAY TO CALIFORNIA – Vireo/Rare Bird Lit 2014 (NF, Memoir)
- THE POPE OF BROOKLYN – Rare Bird Lit 2017 (NF)
DAVID GRAMBS is a translator as well as an editor and writer.
- WORDS ABOUT WORDS – McGraw–Hill 1984, Random House 1990
- DIMBOXES, EPOPTS, AND OTHER QUIDAMS: WORDS TO DESCRIBE LIFE’S INDESCRIBABLE PEOPLE – Workman 1986
- BERNSTEIN’S REVERSE DICTIONARY by Theodore Bernstein: Editor, David Grambs – Times Books 1988
- DEATH BY SPELLING – HarperCollins 1990, Outlet 1992
- THE DESCRIBER’S DICTIONARY – Norton 1992
- DID I SAY SOMETHING WRONG? – NAL 1993
- THE ENDANGERED ENGLISH DICTIONARY – Norton 1993
- ASK MR. WORDWIZARD – Dell Intrepid Linguist 1994
- SO YOU THINK YOU CAN SPELL? (with Ellen Levine) Killer Quizzes For The Incurably Competitive And Overly Confident – Plume Books 2009
THE ESTATE of DR. HAROLD KLAWANS — The late Dr. Klawans was a world-renowned neurologist and Professor of Neurological Sciences at Rush-Presbyterian – Saint Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago. Because of his expertise, was called as an expert medical witness in numerous court cases.
- TOSCANINI’S FUMBLE and Other Tales of Clinical Neurology – NTC/Contemporary 1988, Bantam New Age 1989
- NEWTON’S MADNESS: Further Tales of Clinical Neurology – HarperCollins 1990, HarperCollins trade paperback 1991
- TRIALS OF AN EXPERT WITNESS: Tales of Clinical Neurology and the Law – Little, Brown 1991, Little Brown trade paperback 1992
- LIFE, DEATH, AND IN BETWEEN – Marlowe & Co. 1994
LESLEY POLING-KEMPES is an award-winning writer of fiction and non-fiction focusing on Western themes and subjects.
- THE HARVEY GIRLS: WOMEN WHO OPENED THE WEST – Paragon House 1989, Da Capo/Perseus, 2007 (NF) Winner, Zia Award for Excellence, New Mexico Press Women
- CANYON OF REMEMBERING – Texas Tech University Press 1996; paperback 2000 (NF) Finalist, Western Writers of America Spur Award, Best First Novel
- VALLEY OF SHINING STONE: THE STORY OF ABIQUIU – University of Arizona Press 1997 (NF)
- THE GOLDEN ERA: WEST BY RAIL WITH THE HARVEY GIRLS – Texas Tech University Press 1997 (NF)
- GEORGIA O’KEEFFE AND NEW MEXICO: A SENSE OF PLACE (Barbara Buhler Lynes, Lesley Poling-Kempes, Frederick Turner) – Princeton University Press, 2004. Winner, IPPY Award, Best Fine Art Book
- LADIES OF THE CANYONS – University of Arizona Press 2015 (NF)
- Silver Medal, IPPY Award for U.S. History/Mountain West
- 2016 WILLA Award for Scholarly Non-fictio
- FAR FROM HOME: WEST BY RAIL WITH THE HARVEY GIRLS – (Vol. 1) Texas Tech University Press, 1994 (NF)
- FAR FROM HOME: WEST BY RAIL WITH THE HARVEY GIRLS – (Vol. 2) Texas Tech University Press, 1997 (NF)
ROGER VAUGHAN is a nationally–known journalist whose articles have appeared in Life, Esquire, The New York Times Magazine, Geo, Sports Illustrated, to name but a few.
- THE GRAND GESTURE – Little, Brown 1975
- TED TURNER: THE MAN BEHIND THE MOUTH – Norton 1980
- FASTNET: ONE MAN’S VOYAGE – Seaview Books 1980
- HERBERT VON KARAJAN – Norton 1985
- AMERICA’S CUP 1988 – Dennis Conner 1988
ROBERT K. WILCOX is a prize–winning journalist and a television writer.
- THE MYSTERIOUS DEATHS AT ANN ARBOR – Popular 1977
- SHROUD – Macmillan 1977, Bantam 1978, Regnery Publishing 2011
- JAPAN’S SECRET WAR – Morrow 1985, Marlowe 1995
- SCREAM OF EAGLES: THE TRUE STORY OF TOP GUN – John Wiley 1990, Pocket Books 1991
- WINGS OF FURY: TRUE STORIES OF AMERICA’S FIGHTER PILOTS – Pocket 1997, reprint 1998
- BLACK ACES HIGH: THE STORY OF A MODERN FIGHTER SQUADRON AT WAR – St. Martin’s Press 2002
- FIRST BLUE: WWII Ace Butch Voris and the Creation of the Blue Angels – St. Martin’s Press 2005
- TARGET: PATTON: The Plot to Assassinate General George S. Patton – Regnery Publishing 2010
THE ESTATE OF CHARLES WILLEFORD
The late, great Charles Willeford authored sixteen novels. His articles on suspense fiction appeared in many national magazines. He was also the mystery and suspense reviewer for the Miami Herald.
- SOMETHING ABOUT A SOLDIER – Random House (1986), Ballantine (1988)
- I WAS LOOKING FOR A STREET – Countryman Press (1988)
- WRITING AND OTHER BLOOD SPORTS – Dennis Macmillan Publications, (2000)
- THE COLLECTED MEMOIRS OF CHARLES WILLEFORD – Compilation of I Was Looking For A Street and Something About A Soldier – Disc-Us Books (2001)
JOAN WULFSOHN is a mind/body practitioner and therapist in Los Angeles.
- STALKING CARLOS CASTANEDA – Water Street Press 2013 (NF, Memoir)