CAMILLE BACON-SMITH is a former professor of popular culture and folk lore.
- EYE OF THE DAEMON – DAW 1996
- THE FACE OF TIME – DAW 1996
- EYES OF THE EMPRESS – DAW 1998
ERIC BARNES is publisher of newspapers in Memphis and Nashville that cover business, politics, the arts and more. On Fridays, he hosts a news talk show on his local PBS. He has also published nearly forty short stories in Prairie Schooner, North American Review, The Literary Review, Best American Mystery Stories, and other magazines.
- SHIMMER – Unbridled Books 2009 (F)
- SOMETHING PRETTY, SOMETHING – Outpost 19 2013 (F)
- THE CITY WHERE WE ONCE LIVED – Skyhorse Publishing 2018 (F)
CURT BENJAMIN is the nom de plume of a writer of popular fiction in another category. He is continuing to work on the Seven Brothers fantasy series.
- THE PRINCE OF SHADOW (Seven Brothers, Book 1) – DAW 2001
- THE PRINCE OF DREAMS (Seven Brothers, Book 2) – DAW 2002
- KING OF HEAVEN (Seven Brothers, Book 3) – DAW 2003
- GRASS AND THUNDER – DAW 2005
WENDY BRENNER teaches creative writing at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Her stories have appeared in numerous literary magazines and journals and have been included in anthologies. LARGE ANIMALS, her first collection, won the Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction. She promises to write a novel one of these days…
- LARGE ANIMALS IN EVERYDAY LIFE – University of Georgia Press 1996, W. W. Norton reprint 1997
- PHONE CALLS FROM THE DEAD – Algonquin Books 2001
JOSEPH DI PRISCO is a former teacher, school administrator and, in the hazy past, a professional card–counting gambler. He writes full–time now at his home in the Berkeley hills and is completing his next novel. Oh yes, he’s an award–winning poet, too.
- WIT’S END – University of Missouri Press, 1975 (Poetry)
- CONFESSIONS OF BROTHER ELI – MacAdam/Cage 2000
- POEMS IN WHICH – Bear Star Press 2000 (Poetry), winner of the Dorothy Brunsman prize for poetry
- SUN CITY – MacAdam/Cage 2002
- ALL FOR NOW – MacAdam/Cage 2012, Vireo/Rare Bird Lit 2014 (F)
LYNN DOIRON is a writing grandmother whose work has appeared in numerous literary magazines and journals. She lives in Baja California, Mexico.
- THE TRUE LIFE ADVENTURES OF IRENE IN WHITE TIGHTS – Water Street Press 2017 (F)
GENE FARRINGTON is Professor of English at Notre Dame of Maryland University in Baltimore.
- BREATH OF KINGS – Doubleday 1982, now available in paperback via Amazon (F)
- THE BLUE HERON – Water Street Press 2014 (F)
- APERTURE – Water Street Press 2017 (F)
ELIZABETH GILCHRIST is a former book editor turned freelance writer and teacher based in Santa Fe. In addition to working on a new novel, she has begun a memoir of her life with her mentally challenged brother.
- YOUR CHEATIN’ HEART – Macmillan 1979, NAL 1980
- SECOND CHANCES – Dell 1986
LUCRECIA GUERRERO is a teacher of creative writing at Sinclair College in Dayton, Ohio. She is at work on her first novel, now that her “border” stories have been collected.
- CHASING SHADOWS – Chronicle Books 2000
MICHAEL LLEWELLYN is the author of ten pseudonymous books and, under his own name, TWELFTH NIGHT. He is at work on a new historical novel.
- TWELFTH NIGHT – Kensington 1997 (hardcover); 1998 (softcover)
- CREOLE SON (a novel of Degas in New Orleans) – Water Street Press 2013 (F)
- GOAT CASTLE MURDERS (a novel of Madness and Mayhem in Natchez) – Water Street Press 2015 (F)
NANCY PINARD is a former ballet dancer. She has an MFA and teaches creative writing.
- SHADOW DANCING – Disc-Us Books 2000 (F)
- BUTTERFLY SOUP – Harlequin/NEXT 2006 (F)
LESLEY POLING-KEMPES is an award-winning writer of fiction and non-fiction focusing on Western themes and subjects.
- BONE HORSES – La Alameda Press 2013 (F).
- 2014 WILLA Award for Contemporary Fiction
- 2013 Tony Hillerman Award for Best Fiction, New Mexico/Arizona Book Awards
- Silver Medal, IPPY Award for Fiction/Mountain West
- Southwest Books of the Year “Readers’ Choice” Award
WYBORN SENNA is the pen name for a writer who works in the entertainment industry in Burbank, California.
- BURY ME WITH BARBIE – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
- PORTER’S FORTUNE – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
- THE NEW ELVIS – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
DAVID THOREAU is a novelist and screenwriter with a number of teleplays to his credit.
- CITY AT BAY – Arbor House 1979, Popular Library 1980
- THE SANTANIC CONDITION – Arbor House 1981
- DYNASTY OF POWER – Arbor House 1982
- THE GOOD BOOK – Pocket Books 1988
- THE BOOK OF NUMBERS – Pocket Books 1990
LAWRENCE TOWNSEND is an intellectual property rights attorney based in San Francisco. His first novel is a satiric look at those licensing agreements we all sign without actually reading. Think of him as “John Grisham on laughing gas.”
- SECRETS OF THE WHOLLY GRILL (A Novel About Cravings, Barbecue and Software) – Carroll & Graf 2002
- THE HOT MONKEY LOVE TRIAL – Water Street Press 2017 (F)
LANCE WELLER has published short fiction in several literary journals. His “The Breathable Air” won Glimmer Train’s Short-StoryAward in 1997 and “The Seven League Boots,” published in New Millennium Writings, was nominated for a Pushcart Prize in 2000. His work has also been published in The American Literary Review, the Broadkill Review and a short excerpt from an earlier draft of WILDERNESS, titled “In April,” was published in the Fall/Winter 2008-09 issue of Quiddity in their “Better Angels” Lincoln issue. He’s currently at work on his second novel.
- WILDERNESS — Bloomsbury USA 2012
DAWN WINK is the Interim Director of Teacher Education at the Santa Fe Community College and writes a popular blog entitled Dewdrops. She makes her home with her husband and three children in Santa Fe, NM.
- MEADOWLARK – Pronghorn Press 2013 (F)