JANN ARRINGTON-WOLCOTT — Jann Arrington-Wolcott is a former journalist whose stunning debut novel BRUJO became the TV movie Seduced by Evil. She makes her home in Santa Fe, NM.
- DEATHMARK – Pronghorn Press, 2014
- BRUJO (new edition) – Pronghorn Press, 2015
RUSSELL ASHWORTH is a technical writer who eventually became a product manager who has now morphed into a writer of suspense. His debut series is a British police-procedural that features Detective Inspector Elaine Hope of the London Metropolitan Police Service.
- SOULS OF MEN – Crooked Lane Books 2017 (F)
- FOLDED LIES – Crooked Lane Books 2018 (F)
The Estate of ROBERT CAMPBELL — Robert Campbell was a screenwriter who received an Academy Award nomination for his script for the film classic, Man Of A Thousand Faces. THE JUNKYARD DOG, the first in the Flannery series, won an Edgar Award. His 28 critically acclaimed novels continue to be popular with readers.
- THE SPY WHO SAT AND WAITED – Putnam’s 1975, Pocket 1979 (F)
- CIRCUS COURONNE – Putnam’s 1977, Pocket 1979 (F)
- WHERE PIGEONS GO TO DIE – Rawson 1978, Warner 1980 (F)
- KILLER OF KINGS – Bobbs–Merrill 1979, Pocket 1980 (F)
- MALLOY’S SUBWAY – Atheneum 1981, Tor Books 1987 (F)
- THE TIN COP (as F.G. Clinton) – Pinnacle 1983 (F)
- FAT TUESDAY – Ticknor & Fields 1983 (F)
- JUNKYARD DOG – NAL 1986 (F)
- THE SIX HUNDRED POUND GORILLA – NAL 1987 (F)
- HIP DEEP IN ALLIGATORS – NAL 1987 (F)
- THINNING THE TURKEY HERD – NAL 1988 (F)
- IN LA LA LAND WE TRUST – Mysterious 1986, Warner 1987 (F)
- HONOR – Tor Books 1987 (F)
- ALICE IN LA LA LAND – Poseidon 1987, Pocket 1988 (F)
- PLUGGED NICKEL – Pocket 1988 (F)
- THE CAT’S MEOW – NAL 1988 (F)
- RED CENT – Pocket 1989 (F)
- JUICE – Poseidon 1989, Pocket 1990 (F)
- NIBBLED TO DEATH BY DUCKS – Pocket 1989, 1990 (F)
- SWEET LA LA LAND – Poseidon 1990, Pocket 1991 (F)
- THE GIFT HORSE’S MOUTH – Pocket 1990, 1991 (F)
- IN A PIG’S EYE – Pocket 1991, 1992 (F)
- BONEYARDS – Pocket 1992, 1993 (F)
- THE WIZARD OF LA LA LAND – Pocket 1995, 1996 (F)
- SAUCE FOR THE GOOSE – Mysterious 1995, 1996 (F)
- THE LION’S SHARE – Mysterious 1996, 1997 (F)
- PIGEON PIE – Mysterious 1997, 1998 (F)
- MASTER OF THE SUNDOWN SHORE – Disc-Us Books 2000 (F)
- A FLANNERY TRILOGY VOL 1 – Disc-Us Books 2001 (F) An Omnibus Edition of Junkyard Dog, Hip Deep In Alligators and Six Hundred Pound Gorilla
JOANNA CAMPBELL SLAN is a name to be reckoned with in the word of scrapbooking. Her first book, Scrapbook Storytelling, launched the popular phrase and was quickly followed by five more titles in that series. Now she has begun a cozy series featuring Kiki Lowenstein, scrapbooker extraordinaire.
- PAPER, SCISSORS, DEAD – Midnight Ink, 2008 (F)
- SCRAPLIFTED TO DEATH – Midnight Ink, 2009 (F)
- CUT, CROP, DIE – Midnight Ink, 2009 (F)
- PHOTO SNAP SHOT – Midnight Ink, 2010 (F)
- MAKE TAKE MURDER – Midnight Ink, 2011 (F)
JAME DIBIASIO writes international noir thrillers as well non-fiction. He is an award-winning financial journalist and founding editor of AsianInvestor. He and his wife live in Hong Kong.
- THE STORY OF ANGKOR – Silkworm Press 2013 (NF)
- GAIJIN COWGIRL – Crime Wave Press 2013 (F)
- COWGIRL X – Crime Wave Press 2014 (F)
- BLOODY PARADISE – Water Street Crime 2017 (F)
PAUL ENGLEMAN is a Chicago–based journalist, a contributor to the Chicago edition of The Huffington Post, and a Shamus Award Winner.
- DEAD IN CENTER FIELD – Ballantine 1983 (F)
- CATCH A FALLING ANGEL – Mysterious 1986 (F)
- MURDER–IN–LAW – Mysterious 1987 (F)
- WHO SHOT LONGSHOT SAM – Mysterious 1989 (F)
- THE MAN WITH MY NAME – St. Martin’s Press 1994 (F)
- LEFT FOR DEAD – St. Martin’s Press 1995 (F)
- THE MAN WITH MY CAT – St. Martin’s Press 2000 (F)
JOHN FORTUNATO is the recipient of the 2014 Tony Hillerman Prize for best first mystery novel set in the Southwest. He is currently working on the second book in the series featuring Joe Evers, a senior agent with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- DARK RESERVATIONS – St. Martin’s Press 2015 (F)
ZACHARY ALAN FOX is Professor of Management at California State University, Dominguez Hills by day, but a writer of thrillers behind his calm façade.
- CITY OF DARKNESS – Water Street Crime 2019 (F)
- A PERFECT DEATH FOR HOLLYWOOD – HarperCollins 1991, reprint 1992 (F)
- DARK OF NIGHT – HarperCollins 1992, reprint 1993 (F)
- ALL FALL DOWN – Kensington 1996, Zebra 1997 (F)
- WHEN THE WIND BLOWS – Kensington 1998, Zebra 1999 (F)
- THE VIC ETON MYSTERIES – Compilation of A PERFECT DEATH FOR HOLLYWOOD and DARK OF NIGHT – Disc-Us Books 2001
- CRADLE AND ALL – Kensington 1999, Zebra 2001 (F)
ANNE HILLERMAN is a popular speaker at conferences and an award-winning journalist who has also received numerous awards for her non-fiction books, including the 2009 and 2011 New Mexico Book Award. She was honored as a New Mexico Woman of Accomplishment by SOMOS, a Taos-based arts organization, in 2012. Anne is a founding director of the Santa Fe-based WordHarvest Writers Workshops and the Tony Hillerman Writers Conference which began in 2001. She was instrumental in the creation of the Tony Hillerman Prize for best first mystery novel set in the Southwest, awarded annually by St. Martin’s Press, as well as the Tony Hillerman Mystery Short Story Contest, offered in collaboration with New Mexico Magazine. Her second Leaphorn and Chee novel is nearing completion and, as if she weren’t busy enough, she also finds time to review Santa Fe restaurants for the Albuquerque Journal and Journal North.
- SPIDER WOMAN’S DAUGHTER – Harper 2013, Harper paperback 2014 (F) Finalist for the Dylis Award 2014 (Independent Mystery Booksellers Association); Winner of the Golden Spur Award for Best First Novel (Western Writers of America)
- ROCK WITH WINGS – Harper 2015 (F), Harper Paperback 2016 (F)
- SONG OF THE LION – Harper 2017, Harper Paperback 2018 (F)
- CAVE OF BONES – Harper 2018, Harper Paperback 2019 (F)
- UNTITLED – Harper 2019, Harper Paperback 2020 (F)
CHERYL HONIGFORD received her degree in Journalism from The Ohio State University but has always loved old-time radio (and classic movies) and claims to have the nagging suspicion that she was born at least 50 years too late. She started listening to old radio dramas through earbuds at her desk at work, which led to thoughts about writing a story set at a radio station in Chicago during the heyday of radio drama…which led to a whole series of mysteries featuring a feisty young actress and a private detective. She lives with her family in a northern suburb of Chicago.
- THE DARKNESS KNOWS – Sourcebooks 2016 (F)
- HOMICIDE FOR THE HOLIDAYS – Sourcebooks 2017 (F)
- DIG DEEP MY GRAVE – Sourcebooks 2018 (F)
The Estate of DR. HAROLD KLAWANS — The late Dr. Klawans was a world-renowned neurologist and Professor of Neurological Sciences at Rush-Presbyterian – Saint Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Klawans often served as an expert medical witness in numerous court cases.
- SINS OF COMMISSION – NTC/Contemporary 1982, NAL 1987 (F)
- INFORMED CONSENT – NAL 1986 (F)
- THE JERUSALEM CODE – NAL 1988 (F)
OLIVER LANGE has retired to Oregon and is working on his ninth novel.
- THE BITTER PASSION – E. P. Dutton 1958 (F)
- VANDENBERG – Stein & Day 1970, Bantam 1971 (F)
- INCIDENT AT LA JUNTA – Stein & Day 1973, Pocket 1974 (F)
- RED SNOW – Seaview Books 1978, Jove 1979 (F)
- NEXT OF KIN – Seaview Books 1980, Berkley 1982 (F)
- LAND OF THE LONG SHADOW – Seaview Books 1981 (F)
- PAS DE DEUX – Seaview Books 1982 (F)
- THE DEVIL AT HOME – Stein & Day 1986 (F)
- MAKING IT – E. P. Dutton 1989 (F)
BOB NORRIS is a recently retired Navy fighter pilot who currently teaches at the Monterey Institute.
- CHECK SIX! – HarperCollins 1998 (F)
- FLY OFF – HarperCollins 1999 (F)
K.L. SMITH is an international travel reviewer and, under the nom de plume, Ben Davison, the publisher and editor of the newsletter, Undercurrent.org, the private guide for traveling scuba divers.
- TROPICAL ICE – Water Street Crime 2017 (F)
DAVID TERRUSO is a stand-up comedian based in Philadelphia. As such he has opened for acts including Richard Lewis, Gilbert Gottfried, Maria Bamford and Charlie Murphy. He is the co-founder of Philly Sketchfest, a national sketch comedy festival now in its sixth year; Philly Sketchfest is part of Comedy Month, the biggest festival in Philadelphia dedicated solely to comedy. He is also half of the sketch comedy duo Animosity Pierre, the official selection of the 2010 San Francisco Sketchfest and the 2010 Chicago Sketchfest. His sketch comedy has been lauded in TIME and repeatedly praised by the Preston and Steve Morning Show, Philadelphia’s highest-rated morning radio show.
- CUBE SLEUTH – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
- LOST TOUCH – FFF Digital 2015 (F)
JULIE WESTON writes an award-winning mystery series set in Idaho in the 1920s. She practiced law for many years in Seattle before becoming a writer. Her stories and essays have appeared in a myriad of journals and have been nominated for Pushcart Prizes.
- BASQUE MOON – Five Star, 2015 (F)
- MOONSHADOWS – Five Star, 2016 (F)
- MOONSCAPE – Five Star, 2019 (F)
The Estate of CHARLES WILLEFORD
The late, great Charles Willeford authored sixteen novels. His articles on suspense fiction appeared in many national magazines. He also reviewed mystery and suspense for the Miami Herald.
- UNDERSTUDY FOR LOVE – Hard Case Crime 2018
- UNDERSTUDY FOR DEATH – Hard Case Crime 2018 (F)
- THE MACHINE IN WARD 11 – Belmont Books 1963, Four Walls Eight Windows/No Exit 2001 (F)
- THE BLACK MASS OF BROTHER SPRINGER – Black Lizard 1989, Wit’s End Press 2003 (F)
- PICK–UP – Black Lizard 1987 / Vintage Crime 1990 (F)
- THE BURNT ORANGE HERESY – Crown 1971, Black Lizard 1987, Carroll & Graf 1998 (F), The Overlook Press, 2019 (F)
- COCKFIGHTER – Crown 1972, Avon 1974, Black Lizard 1987 (F)
- MIAMI BLUES – St Martin’s 1984, Ballantine 1985, Dell 1995 (F)
- NEW HOPE FOR THE DEAD – St. Martin’s 1986, Ballantine 1987, Dell 1995 (F)
- KISS YOUR ASS GOOD–BYE – Dennis McMillan 1987 (F)
- WILD WIVES/THE HIGH PRIEST OF CALIFORNIA – Re/Search 1987 (F)
- SIDESWIPE – St. Martin’s 1987, Ballantine 1988, Dell 1995, Vintage Crime 2006 (F)
- THE WOMAN CHASER – Carroll & Graf 1989 (F)
- THE WAY WE DIE NOW – Random House 1988, Ballantine 1989, Dell 1996, Vintage Crime 2006 (F)
- THE SHARK–INFESTED CUSTARD – Underwood–Miller 1993, Dell 1996, Vintage Crime 2006 (F)
- THE DIFFERENCE (orig. THE HOMBRE FROM SONORA) – Dennis McMillan Publications 1999 (F)
- DELIVER ME FROM DALLAS – Dennis McMillan Publications 2001 (F)
- VINTAGE CRIME EDITIONS:
- MIAMI BLUES and NEW HOPE FOR THE DEAD 2004 (F)
- SIDESWIPE and THE WAY WE DIE NOW 2005 (F)
- THE SHARK-INFESTED CUSTARD and WILD WIVES 2006 (F)
DENNIS WILSON taught literature and writing in a suburban Chicago high school before switching to a successful career in corporate finance. Now he has turned to his own creative writing in the mystery/suspense market.
- THE GRAND – Water Street Crime 2017 (F)