We accept queries via email only. Please include in your query:
- A brief description of your work
- A brief bio that includes:
- Your writing experience and/or publications
- Areas of expertise
- Prior representation, if applicable
- Contact information
DO NOT include attachments with sample chapters or proposals with the initial query.
If we are interested, we will ask you for the first 50 pages of your manuscript (fiction) or your proposal and sample chapters (nonfiction).
A couple of things you can do to ensure yourself a better shot:
- Don’t send us the first draft. We can tell.
- If it’s over 100,000 words, it’s probably too long. Most fiction is in the 75,000 – 100,000 word range. If that seems impossible, explore the idea that you might have two books on your hands or that your plot/concept is too complex for a single book to carry.
- Use spellcheck. Please.
- Pay more attention to the writing than the formatting. We prefer boring fonts and great writing to exciting fonts and boring writing.