- I haven’t been published before. Will you look at my work?
Yes, we will. But please do your homework first – are we the right agency? Have you gone through the editing process already? Did you spellcheck?
- When should I send you my fiction query? I’m seven chapters in and could use some guidance.
We would love to help, but please don’t query us until your fiction manuscript is finished.
- How important is formatting?
Not at all. Unless one of us has to replace all of your page numbers for you because you don’t know about footers. Then it becomes very, very important.
Yes. And again, yes.
- What should go into a nonfiction proposal?
Please include the following: executive summary, brief bio, market analysis, annotated table of contents and two or three sample chapters. If you have press clips, please include those as well.
- What sort of advance can I get?
We will never, ever venture a guess, but just know that if you’re looking to make a quick buck, this is not the right path.
- How long will it take to hear back from you?
- Query: We try to respond to queries within two days.
- Partial: We try to respond to partials (a.k.a. the first 50 pages of your project) within two weeks.
- Full Manuscript: This can take 6-8 weeks.